Friday, February 8, 2008

Girls Rule!

An ordinary day turns out EXTRAORDINARY!  
Fridays are my day to hang out at home with the boys, lots of times we run errands with my mom and get ourselves all set for a relaxing weekend.  Today we were off to get a haircut for Leo and swing into Kmart for a mop and a cute little garbage can that I have had my eye on for months, it's martha stewart brand of course.  So as we are heading up 11th toward the west end of town, we pass UPS and masses of people lined up from the field house around the block to the back of the baseball field.  I never watch or read the news so it is a total surprise to me that Hillary Clinton is in Tacoma!  However, there is no way I am going to park blocks away and wait in that line, in the rain, with the boys, so I am kind of bummed because I am intrigued by Hillary and would love to catch a glimpse of this historical woman.  
Well, I got the mop but they were out of the fun colored garbage cans, I can only stand so much chrome.  Then we have the most traumatic haircut ever, thank goodness there were no other mothers or children to witness it.  The screaming, the kicking, the tears, the yelling, the hitting, the kung fu style scissor block.  It was over the top dramatic, Leo in a nutshell.  
We are finally on our way home, passing UPS again, this time there are a bazillion cops but the Hillary fans are all inside.  So I hop out of the car and my mom heads home with the babies and I get to go in and see what all of the hubub is about. 
I was just in time to see her entrance and hear all of what she had to say to get people excited for the caucus tomorrow. As she spoke, I was most moved by her sense of fairness and the logical solutions that she would apply to so many issues that our country struggles with right now.   Honestly, I cannot say that I am a political person, but it was thrilling to see a woman who is SO full of passion and intelligence and who is wholly dedicated to public service and making America great again.  
So tonite I will be sitting here researching Obama, and trying to come to a decision on who to vote for at the caucus tomorrow.  I am sure that he has as much passion, intelligence, and realism to offer as Hillary.   I would be happy with either as our President.  But I also have this feeling of sinking desperation, the what if, the fear that the idiots of middle america and texas will band together and vote another fool to represent our country.  I could cry at the thought, I could almost say that I might be becoming a political person.  


1 comment:

One Love Photo said...

I can't believe you saw Hilary! Wow that is CRAZY! And that you just hopped out of the car and into the field house, it was meant to be! Please go represent me tomorrow I trust your vote to speak for me.