Friday, July 22, 2011

Leo Love

From winter to summer with my biggest boy.
I can always count on Leo to wake up with me at the crack of dawn. Or is it wake me up at the crack of dawn? We do catch some beautiful sunrises though.
The nastiest of nasty colds kept him home for more than a week in February. Time well spent with his little brothers, lots of PJ days and it even snowed! Two wonderful things that dont even seem that great when you feel like poop.

My old bunny suit suits him just fine!
Signs of Spring! We love to shout this on our daily walks to school.
Spring break at the beach house.
First Bremerton to Seattle adventure, by foot and ferry.
Being the oldest and biggest has it's good days.
Finally June arrived. Ben turned 35. Leo graduated from Kindergarten. Summer sort of arrived. Our garden has grown massively. We had a classic and satisfyingly prosperous yard sale. We have started bowling! We had a best of Tacoma AND Purdy 4th of July. We have become addicted to ice cream cones, camping, Phinneus and Ferb, playdates, and zumba. We have a loose set of summer rules that keep me partially sane 1. No more sweats when you hang out with Mama, unless we are going to tball or zumba. 2. If you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all. And that's about all I have the energy to enforce. There were more, but I would feel really anal and self centered actually seeing them printed in front of me. And so far, I just love hanging out with the boys, the chickens, the garden and our friends. Summer is so fun. Superfun in fact, which reminds me, Camp SuperFun started this week with a smash. We had planned to screen print tshirts and make dream catchers. It went exactly as according to plans. Katy screen printed in her workshop that opens to the backyard where I made dreamcatchers, the backyard connects to the kitchen where Mary made margaritas. Meanwhile the kids happily ran around playing with each other ecstatic over Camp SuperFun. Leo has asked at least 5 times, "When is the next Camp SuperFun?!" To be continued....