Thursday, May 27, 2010

Springtime in the Garden






There are soooooooo many flowers in our garden just waiting to BURST! If we had just one morning of sunshine my garden would absolutely explode. But as it is there are all of these beautiful buds waiting patiently and looking very lovely in the endless shower of misty warm rain.
Everyday we go outside to observe the progress of springtime in the garden. The boys love an exciting discovery like the first red poppy to spread it papery petals. There are many keen observations that are announced with "Mama! I see signs of Spring!" Hostas poking their horns through the dirt, fragile peony stems, and seedlings that start so small but will amazingly grow into 10 foot tall sunflowers! I LOVE springtime in the garden. It is rather magical. Plant a seed and let mother nature take it from there. No watering to be done, the weeds come out of the moist earth effortlessly, and the sun never beats down in a way that makes gardening feel chorish.

1 comment:

One Love Photo said...

Wow your yard looks freaking AMAZING! I want my yard to be like that. If I plant will you water when I am away:) You've always had a green thumb from the sunflower patch in HS to this, WOW! Miss you!