Saturday, August 1, 2009

I Am Alone

The boys left town this morning for two nights in Spokane at Grandma's house. As they were pulling away from the house I was ridiculously sad. But then I scrubbed both bathrooms and underneath the kitchen sink and felt quite satisfied and independent. I have three whole days to fart around my house, I have never been home alone for more than three hours since Leo was born. I feel like I could do ANYTHING I want to. I could drive to California. Okay, maybe Portland. There is a totally insane part of my brain that sort of wishes I could paint the bathroom and kitchen, weed the whole yard and reorganize the basement complete with playroom for the boys. Oh, and have another yard sale. That would be so awesome. But I am committed to at least two days of crafting for my Snapdragon biz, in part because when the boys are home that is what I really wish I had more time for. So today I pecked away at sewing skirts and then helped my mom set up her etsy shop too. She couldn't resist the empty house with clean bathrooms either. See new Snapdragon blog for more about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy!!!

corylk said...

congrats on changing things up...do you have large - really large sized skirts???