Monday, June 28, 2010

Camp Super Fun

Week 1 of DIY Neighborhood Camp was a hit! I finally found the perfect use for those beach buckets that have been in my basement for a year. And the dyes were actually purchased nearly 12 years ago when we were on a batik kick in college. I knew I moved them 8 times with the rest of my crafting supplies for a reason! I love this project! The kids could have kept dipping this and that until the sun went down. It was contagious, at one point I really considered ransacking the house for any white object that could possibly fit into the buckets of dye.

Step one: Rubber bands!
Snack Break! A distraction while the shirts soak is a must.
The unveiling of the first dip is so exciting!
Winding down with a little Toot and Puddle. I love how Abe is totally hangin' through out.
Where are the finished shirts? Well, they wore them the next day while we built Fairy Fortresses over at the girls' house. Equally thrilling- I will post those pics next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice use of 12 year old dye! Makes me want to come to camp!